Thursday, July 28, 2011

City Meets Country---How Unexpected!

Ok, this one is totally random, BUT I thought it was cool. So there I was, walking to the Metro and about a block from my office, there's a huge construction site. I mean, it takes up an entire 2 city blocks and is dug about 50 feet into the ground and a chain link fence all around. It's a total hazard when it comes to us pedestrians, but yesterday I spied something very odd/fun.

It's a TOMATO PLANT! Growing out of a crack in the sidewalk! Who would've thought?!?! It sounds like the start to a novel about a country girl coming to the city or something. Or maybe a metaphor for no matter how tough society gets, Mother Nature will always come through. I'm getting a bit deep here, but y'all get the jist. I'll check back in a few days and see if they've ripened----don't you worry!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but some city employee will kill thinking it is a weed. You know that city dwellers have no idea what a tomato plant looks like.

    ReplyDelete