Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day---and a New Addition to the Family

Hello friends! Sorry for the delay in posts---it's been quite a busy week! Last weekend, Meredith and I flew home to surprise Dad for Father's Day. AND IT TOTALLY WORKED! First Mere flew in and he was shocked and was worried I would be mad for missing all the fun. But then, several hours later, my flight landed and I showed up. I swear, he almost had a heart attack on the front porch when I walked up. BEST SURPRISE EVER! From then on out, the weekend was full of yummy home-cooked food and lots of relaxing (and watching Rory McIlroy dominate the US Open, of course. Classically Father's Day).

And then the craziest of crazies happened. Our neighbors and close friends, Mrs. Susan and Mr. Scott knocked on the door and told Dad they had something he had to see. We walked over and they said that they had a Father's Day gift for him----a kitten! For the family who is not a pet family, Dad got a kitten! Though we (Mom, Meredith and me) are not the biggest of cat people, Dad was in love at first sight. And though he's growing on me and though he is a gorgeous cat and though Peanut is handling everything just wonderfully, I'm not quite sold yet.

Meet Vito, the newest Corby

No comments:

Post a Comment