Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beware of Rattlesnakes.

Two posts in one day?!!? Y'all are lucky ducks! I wasn't kidding when I said I had a lot of catching up to do!

A couple weekends ago, Mama and I roadtripped from Santa Fe to Baton Rouge. In a 14 foot U-Haul truck. In the worst drought and heatwave Texas has seen. And we had a great time! We got to visit with my grandmother, Beverly, and aunts Judy and Jill. Then we booked it to Dallas for the night and made it home for dinner in Baton Rouge the next day. After a 6am flight back to DC the next morning, I was totally pooped! But it was so worth it---it was wonderful to see everyone and have a good, SOLID catch up with Mama.

My view from the passenger's seat---we saw a lot of this over the weekend.

And this....

My aunt Jill had the MOST delicious tomato garden I've ever tasted---and I don't even love tomatoes! So many heirloom varieties! This is my goal next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment